Due to several racer requests, race is to be moved back 2 months to allow for testing and finishing combinations.
Concept and Inspiration...
There has obviously been an explosion of interest and popularity with Installing the GM LS series engines into all sorts of applications, from street cruisers to a budget drag combination. As the aftermarket grew, coupled with the millions of motors sold in trucks and suv's it has become almost a guiltless game of trying to push the low buck motors to their max.
Perhaps its a combination of the spirit of competition, the pushing of limits previously thought impossible or even the fact that the drive to race pushes people to seek speed on a tighter budget in these tough economic times. What has developed from this is a growing number of stock shortblock cars running for records all around this country. Many more than people realize. Some are just having fun not aware of any record at all. Its time to bring them all together and see what can actually be accomplished with these amazing motors.
Daffron Race Innovations, First annual Stock Shortblock Shootout is a race to bring everyone together to have fun and showcase their unique combinations, as well as opening eyes to a truely budget oriented engine platform supporting maximum horsepower.
Two stock shortblock powered cars coming out of a burnout, 5.3 turbo s10 and ls6 nitrous mustang
The race is for STOCK SHORTBLOCK GM LS series motors... after that the sky is the limit.
- It is a Heads up style event running the full 1/4 mile.
- Total payout $3500 and growing everyday! (sponsors see contact us page)
EVERYONE IS A WINNER!
Payouts for a multitude of combinations!
Dont feel outgunned by the certifiably insane running multiple power adders!
- $500 to the Fastest Nitrous ONLY stock shortblock.
- $500 to the Fastest Factory equipped LS series vehicle (fbody, Gto, Trucks)
- Golden Crown for the RECORD PASS of the event for a stock shortblock!
- $??? for the dyno shootout? (please enquire if your company wants to host it)
- No rules, No whining (any power adder, any suspension, damn near any tire!)
- Two Classes based on weight of vehicle.
- Outlaw Stock... No weight limits (see page for rules in depth) $1500 winner take all
- Limited Stock.... 3200lbs and over (see page for rules in depth) $1000 winner take all
- Payouts change weekly for classes as this race grows. Stay tuned!
Spirit of Competition...
Engine Rules and Safety Overview
(these rules encompass all classes, and all competition)
- GM mass production LS series motors only! (spirit of competition denotes easily purchased engine combinations from standard salvage style operations... NO LS9's from a fresh wrecked Zr1... get real people)
- Allowed... Any production LS1, LS2, LS6, L92 ... ANY 5.3/4.8 or 6.0 production motor.
- Not Allowed... LS7, LS9, C5R
- Engines must have the factory equipped crank, rods and pistons for that combination!
- No forged pistons, rods, ect
- No Aftermarket Windage Trays or Girdles
- No Custom assembly of factory parts... short stroke 6.0's ect
- Cylinder heads allowed... NOTE (this is a stock shortblock race, NOT longblock!)
- ANY mass production GM Casting heads allowed... Cnc and custom porting allowed. No C5R.
- Readily Available Mass Production Aftermarket Cathedral Port heads Only. Trickflow's AFR's ect.
- NO 6 bolt conversions allowed!
- Permissible bolt-on mods, power adders and fuels
- Aftermarket Cam, Springs and Pushrods allowed
- Aftermarket Head bolts or Studs allowed
- (due to such acceptance) Aftermarket Rod bolts are allowed
- Aftermarket Intakes Allowed
- Any Power Adders or combination there-of. Turbos, Nitrous, Superchargers.
- Any Fuels Allowed... E85, E99, Methanol, Any leaded racing gasoline.
- Any Injection allowed... Carburetor or EFI
- Any Ignition allowed... Factory Computer, Stand-alone or Distributer driven.
Required Safety measures for all classes!
- Must run a Sportsman style Engine Diaper that encompases the Oilpan. SFI 7.2 NOT required. Any manufactured basic engine diaper that is designed to retain oil and debris from a catastophic engine failure is allowed.
Contact for help with locating a diaper. Average cost $150
- Absolutely NO Antifreeze! All vehicles will be checked before qualifying. Drain and replace with water before the race. ANTIFREEZE is very difficult to clean from a track surface!
- If your car Runs into the 9's or 8's... be prepaired to have the right cagework and requirements per the tracks rules and your own safety.
(all site links are under the logo)
Rules are now posted for the two classes, Outlaw Stock and Limited Stock
Tech cards $80
Be sure to check out all the builds and profiles for the cars and racers who will compete. Click on link above.
Check out the Tips and Tricks page!
For helpful Links to finding salvage yards and parts locations for engines. As well as common combinations and builds seen from around the country.
Copywrite www.RacecarsINC.net - Daffron Race Innovations LLC